Followers

Monday, September 7, 2009

Leaves of God

Even while immersed in the dualistic translations of the Bible which have become the "official" and sanctioned "set of beliefs" from the Christian/Catholic Church, a few have desired to "know God" beyond pure belief, beyond the mythical translation of God as external and judgmental Creator. Those like St. Teresa of Avila laid aside the default beliefs and assumptions handed out with an expectation of obedience and came to know God directly. Much of their writing echoes current Nondual expressions.

"I Will Just Say This"

We bloomed in Spring.

Our bodies are the leaves of God.

The apparent seasons of life and death our eyes can suffer;

but our souls, dear, I will just say this forthright:

they are God Himself,

we will never perish unless He does.

2 comments:

  1. How very beautiful! Never knew she said that. The old Catholic mystics, the more I learn about them, appear to have walked a truly fine line in the brutal days of heresy and burnings. This beautiful expression reminds me of St. Francis of Assisi who said, "That which you are looking for is what is looking." You won't find quotes such as these in the Catholic school system!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Here's another one;

    Catherine of Sienna, one day after a period of introspective prayer and grand enlightenment suddenly she arose and said, "My me is God.... Nor do I see any other me but my God himself."

    Actully this quote was sent to me many years ago from William Samuel, it was a quote he used somewhere in his papers.

    And, by the way, thank you so much Randall for allowing me to share with your friends my friend William Samuel--Your Light and Wisdom shows and Is very much appreciated-- Sandy Jones

    ReplyDelete